It’s quite an important question, isn’t it? Let’s answer it in one simple statement:
We exist to make disciples who love jesus, love people, and serve the city
Jesus’ last words were to go and make disciples, so we’re on the same mission he gave his disciples 2,000 years ago.
We’re working to accomplish it by ENGAGING the community, ESTABLISHING people in the faith, EQUIPPING them to make disciples, and EMPOWERING them to do so in every area of their life.
We will move beyond information accumulation and teach for life transformation at every level and in every environment.
We will never be passive but always be aggressive and intentional to see those who don’t know Jesus come to trust Him as savior and serve Him as Lord.
We will follow the example of Jesus and serve others past the point of comfort and embrace the significance of sacrifice.
We will defy and not be defined by the economy, our paycheck, consumerism, materialism and the love of money. We will be defiantly generous both personally and corporately, event to a fault.
We will move beyond causal friendships and into honest, loving and potentially uncomfortable community to see each person and family reach their maximum redemptive potential.
We believe God places a redeemed passion inside of every believer, and we will create a culture of cultivation to draw out and develop it for the sake of the Kingdom of God.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one eternal, almighty and perfect God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.